The Centre for Guidance, Counselling and Well-being (cGCW) has been established as part of our mission to develop strategies and resources to
- enhance people and community’s knowledge and awareness of the psycho-social and emotional aspects of health,
- help individuals, couples, families and teams achieve social, emotional and psychological well-being.
- inform private and public sector policy. The Centre aims to pull together a critical, multidisciplinary mass within IPH-MORE and EduCARE India to facilitate collaboration and to raise the current level of research based primarily on the isolated efforts of individual researchers, and to provide the necessary expertise and infrastructure for the sustainable conduct of such research and its translation into improving psycho-social health at individual, family and community levels.
- To serve as a collaborative, multidisciplinary hub of science and translational in the broad field of behavioral health through a unique combination of high level, cross-disciplinary expertise drawn from psychology, medical and allied health sciences, and other social sciences
- To establish local and international partnerships that advance the stated research agenda
- To engender a research culture that goes beyond the boundaries of individual research groups by stimulating and motivating established researchers, and fostering the development of new researchers within an environment of mutual support and respect
- To translate findings of our research programs into new and better models of psycho-social and emotional health and wellness promotion
- To provide evidence-based psychological services for the purpose of health and wellness promotion or the management of psycho-social and emotional health issues
- To provide education and training on the psycho-social and emotional aspects of health for healthcare professionals in order to improve services as well as health literacy to service seekers and their families
There are plans to set up a series of support services, including our student support service intended to help students adapt and make the best of their learning environment in schools and at home. It is common knowledge that when students have problems that are unresolved, it reflects in their attendance, academic performance and ultimately in their personality development. The Centre therefore attempts to provide a nurturing environment wherein each student is empowered to face life challenges and move ahead to achieve their academic goals.