The Centre for Psychosocial Support and Well-being (CPSW) has been established as part of our mission to develop strategies and resources to
- enhance people and community’s knowledge and awareness of the psycho-social and emotional aspects of health,
- help individuals, couples, families and teams achieve social, emotional and psychological well-being.
- to facilitate collaboration and to raise the current level of research and to provide the necessary expertise and infrastructure for the sustainable conduct of such research and its translation into improving psycho-social health at individual, family and community levels.
- To provide counselling, guidance and psychological support services for the purpose of health and wellness promotion or the management of psycho-social and emotional health issues of children, adolescent, youth, and families.
- To provide educational and career counselling support services to students and professionals
- To provide education and training on the psycho-social and emotional aspects of health for healthcare professionals in order to improve services as well as health literacy to service seekers and their families
- To render Psychosocial support services to the affected population during emergencies and disasters
- To develop and promote effective models of psycho-social, emotional health and wellness in the region by building up capacities through local, national and international partnerships that advance the stated agenda
There are plans to set up a series of support services, including our student support service intended to help students adapt and make the best of their learning environment in schools and at home. It is common knowledge that when students have problems that are unresolved, it reflects in their attendance, academic performance and ultimately in their personality development. The Centre therefore attempts to provide a nurturing environment wherein each student is empowered to face life challenges and move ahead to achieve their academic goals.